Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CPU Usage 100%

Greg VN

Here lately my computer has become a pain to try to work in MC. Every step in the operation manager (open & close, select toolpath, backplot, etc) there is a long delay 10 seconds or more from one thing to the next.When I just open MC the task manager shows 100% usage. I notice that if I go to screen configure or the operation manager it drops down to 2 or 3%. I don't seem to have any problems in Auto Cad.

This computer came with a 40G hard drive. I added a 200G several years ago when the 40G started to get full and it was working good for a long time. About a month ago I removed the 40G because it was locking up and installed the operating system on the 200G. It worked good for a while until this problem came into play. With Hyper-threading on the usage is around 48-53%. With it off it is around 100%. The long pauses are the same either way. banghead.gif

Mill 9.1 Sp2 Solids & 5 axis

Dell Dimension 4700

4G SD ram

3.0 processor dual core

Nvidia Quadro Fx 1400

I have been trying to avoid getting a new computer and have been fighting this one for a long time.

Anybody have any suggestions of what I might need to do to fix this?

Thanks

You might do a search.

Mastercam 9 allocates 100% but it is not actually using it if I remember correctly. This was talked about long ago though. The 100% computer usage SHOULD have nothing to do with your issues.

How big is the file/model?

I remember having issues like this with (at that time) large models or files with lots of toolpaths.

Try running Ramsaver and see if that helps. The 100% is showing up because MC is doing whats called polling. It's checking to see if the mouse,keyboard,video card etc. are still there and ready. It's a DOS legacy thing. Other than that I would run defragmenter regularly to maintain optimal performance.

HTH

I defragged yesterday and when I ran analyze it said it did not need defragging but I did it anyway. I had this slow issue for a while and I thought that it was because of the large files that I was working in. It still has the same problem in small files.

Thanks for the input.

I had this same problem, however I was getting processing issues on everything, not just mastercam. Is your computer accessing the hardrive for long periods of time?

Defragging, deep hardware scans etc. showed no problems, and I was just about ready to get a new hard drive before I backed up, reinstalled windows and everything was fine. I guess just some core was corrupt in sectors and while looked fine, had trouble initializing some read/write