Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Installing X3

P_Scott

Hey All,

I asked my IT pro to install X3 yesterday after confirming with my distributor (S4A) about the proper method for installing it. The IT Pro took it upon himself to download and install Microsoft updates at the same time. Included in these updates was .Net Framework 3.0. He hadn't done it for a while so he figured while he was updating Mcam and Cimco, he might as well do everything. I can't blame him 'cause I probably would've done the same thing. After all these were installed, I restarted the computer and logged in under my user domain. Then I got a shock when X3 failed to launch. Instead I recevied the good ol' "So Sorry" shut down error message after a few seconds of looking at the launch logo.

After clicking the "exit" button on the "send message" I see "mastercam.exe - Fatal Application Exit" dialog box with the message "Unhandled Exception occurred - Mastercam execution halted." and an "OK" button at the bottom. Of course clicking the OK button simply closes the dialog and Mcam isn't launched. I called the IT Pro back and we tried several different things to no avail. Even tried re-installing X2 and had the same result.

JParis was attempting to help us fix the issue but he felt the .Net Framework is somehow corrupted. Anyone have this issue before? If so, what fixed it? JParis has forwarded this issue to CNC Software already. Hopefully someone there can help.

TIA cheers.gif