Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Toolpaths problems

cobra95kev

Has anyone figured out how to get consistent results from toolpath transform? Specifically translate between points?

I have used this since XMR2 and have had good results moving part positions on horizontal 4-axis machines. But ever since I think X2MR2 came out it hase been acting real strange. Sometimes it works other times it does some really strange stuff. It just moves the toolpaths all over the place. The setting I use are:

1. Transform by tool plane (leaving the tool plane origin only unchecked)

2. I select multiple operations and group them by operation order

3. Translate between points 1 time and then select my points from the graphics area.

Does anyone know why this would not always work?

If it is broke any word when they will decide it needs fixing?

When using this function with a horizontal does it matter what your T/C planes are when you initiate this operation? It seems like when it works I have my WCS set to top and T/C planes set to front no matter how many different angle planes I have.

It is very frustrating banghead.gif when I know this used to work very well and is much faster than moving the origin. I do try to program everything in incremental but there are some things you can't and it makes it a pain on top of the fact that I always feel the need to re-verify after regenerating operations.

Cobra, for the heck of it observe the x,y locations for starters in verify or cimco, just maybe it's opticle and the posted code is good?

I've had weird things like that happen to me in wire.

Ignore if you already know the code is no good.

You could also contact your reseller and ask them to log into your pc with one of those sessions they do from their office and take a look.