Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new geometry colors for old drawings?

Sbarner

Hi All,

I've recently changed my geometry and background colors. I've found that when I open an old MCX file (old = before I changed my colors), that the geometry comes in with the old colors. I was just curious if there was a setting so that when I open an old file, my new colors are applied. Thanks.

I must be doing something wrong. I've tried to setup my EA Manager from the config menu, but whenever I bring in a new file, and try your method, I find that none of the settings have stuck, so I have to do them again.

I have to open my config file EVERY time if I want to access those settings. Why are they not sticking when I open a file?

are you hitting the apply button before you exit config?

does it ask you to save current config?

do you have the right config open?

do you have apply to non mastercam entities checked?

you might have to close and reopen MC to get the settings to stick.

i dont have these problems so im guessing here

Hi Tony,

quote:

are you hitting the apply button before you exit config?

does it ask you to save current config?

do you have the right config open?

do you have apply to non mastercam entities checked?

Yes to all of those. Perhaps I'm not phrasing my question the right way. Let me try a different way. With your configuration, when you open a MCX file, and check your CAD settings, is the check box called "Active" in the EA Manager settings checked?

If I start a new file, then the EA Manager settings stick. If I open an old file, they do not.

quote:

is the check box called "Active" in the EA Manager settings checked?

yes

when open a part the settings are applied to it

quote:

If I start a new file, then the EA Manager settings stick. If I open an old file, they do not.

do you apply EA after opening the old file?

(lower toolbar attributes)

When I open an old file, and click the attributes in the lower part of the screen, the EA Manager box is not checked, I essentially have to do the EA manager for each part. At that point, it's simply easier to just change the colors via right clicking the color thing at the bottom of the screen.

It seems that nobody else is having a problem with this. I wonder why I can't get my config options to stick. I have the right config file loading when I start, but they don't stick. If, in the config dialogs, I open the same config file, it will apply the settings. Any thoughts?

Ok. I change the settings in the Config EA, apply them, and save them.

If I start a new part file, the changes stick. I can go to config/Cad settings, and the box is checked and the attributes I set are still good. This includes the attribute bar in the tool manager.

If I open a file, and go to config/Cad settings, the box is unchecked, and none of my changes have stuck. If I open the SAME config file while in configuration, then the changes are applied. Make sense?

I'm using X3 MU1. Contrary to my post count here, I'm not a Mastercam Noob. I just like changing colors every now and then. But if it's such a pain, I guess I'll stick with the good 'ol black background.

ok now i see the problem. did you close MC and reopen it?

how old are the files?

i wonder if there is some kind of color lock in the old file or something (old color pallet of MC)and it turns off EA

i really have no more help for ya sorry. i would contact your reseller and see what they say or zip2go the old file and i will try it on my puter and see what happens with EA

steve

you are not going nuts!

its got to be something with it being a X version file as soon as i opened it my settings for EA were turned off,when turned on,all the settings were gone. so there is a problem.

[work around]

i would just keep the black background for X version files till they give ya a answer. setup a config for X version files(black background) and a config for steve that have (new color background)

contact the reseller and see what they have to say

good luck and sorry i couldnt get it fixed for ya frown.gif