Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FIXED!!! - Right-Click -> Properties On MCX Files Tries To Install!?!

Hey Gang,

The other day while working in X3MU1, I went to my Desktop and Right-Clicked on an MCX file to look at its properties and for some unknown reason, Mastercam X3 Install starts. I cancel out (sometimes twice!) and the properties are eventually displayed. This now happens on all MCX files.

Nothing was installed or updated just prior to this issue and I've already tried the Install/Repair option with no luck. Also, per JP's suggestion, I also tried deleting the CNC Software key in the registry...no luck there either.

Anyone else have this happening?

Anyone have a FIX?

I REALLY don't want to have to uninstall & reinstall if at all possible!

Thanks,

John

[ 01-22-2009, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: John Hill @ Poplar Hill Machine ]

Yes. I think it started around the time I installed Mu1. But I'm not sure, I also had changed a setting to do with Indexing un-known file types around the same time because my ability to search for a phrase in file had gone away. I don't know which happened 1st. Or if either one has anything to do with Mu1.

FIXED IT!!!!

There were 2 different versions of mcview.dll on my system...

C:Windowssystem32mcview.dll -> v11.2.3.28

C:Program FilesCommonMastercammcview.dll -> v12.0.4.20

I copied the newer version to C:Windowssystem32 and then re-registered both using the Mastercam utility in Control Panel.

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!

John