Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

scallop tool path

david b

i had a problem with a scollop tool path using 2 bounderies that i wanted to machine only.I could only get the tool to stay with in the 2 bounderies if i used boundery centre of tool

If i used tool boundery inside or outside it machined the while the job exept where i wanted.

I had to do each erea as a seperate tool path.this worked fine.I have sp1.????????????

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Perhaps you need to chain opposite (one arrow going one direction on one chain, and the arrow indicating direction for the other chain going the opposite direction) otherwise it has the potential to "confuse" the system, meaning which direction do you want the offset?

Try chaining opposite and see if that helps.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It was just a guess. Many times chaining direction affects tool paths so I figured why not give it a shot eh?

In the case of ufsing two boundaries or more to define your machining zone, I would sugest drawing your boundary exactly where you need it instead of relying on left/right in the offset containment boundary and use center for the offset. If you need to adjust them (the containment boundaries) use Xform, Offset Contour then regen your toolpath. The reason being, if you adjust it a value in say left for an example, which contour is it going to pick? The first chain? The second chain?

Hope that helps,