Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Work Coordinate Systems

SnowDay

I have two questions.

First I am programming a 5 axis mill so why does MC keep telling me I am using a work coordinate on two views. That is what I want to do to get my dynamic comp to work. Can I turn the alarm off?

Second I have just begin to program 5 axis without a 5 axis toolpath. I am drawing a line then making a plane normal to the line. I then make my thread mill toolpath but I have to go into the planes tab and change all the values it is putting in the tool plane and comp plane to zeros to get the code to look correct. I also have to play around with the clearance value in the threadmill toolpath since there is no inc option for it. Is this a good way to do what I am doing?

Thanks,

MC X2

5Axis

630 Mazak Variaxis

If I understand correctly, try to use one WCS per program then define C/T planes selecting origin the same as the WCS origin.

I usually draw an axis system on the WCS origin for each of my planes prior to defining it so I have hard geometry to refer to.

If the plane is relative to the WCS origin, you should be able to right click in the clearance box, use z-position and select a feature on the part to eliminate some of the guess work.

HTH

I agree with Snowy about that alarm for having a common "Work Offset Number" in different T/C planes

--- I want to be able to control this alarm ---

Our machine has TPC and only requires (1) work cordinate system, so we set other views the same #, if we do not, it will output a different and "unset" co-ord system

We can't use -1 as "In-House" post adds 1, making it 0 ( which eliminates the alarm, but we cannot use 0, it's the "machines co-ord system ( un-setable )), we have to make it 0 so we get 1

( bloody stupid I know )( did everybody follow that ? ) headscratch.gif

it's currently with the rep to have fixed

Second, for SnowDay,

Before selecting the operation, set the WCS you want and also set the Construction and Tool planes that the machining is to be done in, your planes then should be correct.And selecting depths, retracts etc. will also be correct.

Using View Manager is probably the easiest to start with, you could also use C/T Planes

These are accessed along the bottom toolbar-View Manager is under "WCS"