Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids error -- X3 MU1

n_tydingco

Hi all,

I have just started using solids and have run into an error while trying to generate a .2945 DIA x .500 deep hole into an existing solid block. I had no issues with the other parts in the set, but this morning I started getting the following messages:

1. Invalid face created -- My WCS and C-planes are the same; I click on EXTRUDE, select the arc (that is lying on the same plane as the parent solid face); click on CUT BODY; EXTEND BY... .500; Trim to selected face; Reverse directions (because the chain direction points away from the surface); click on OK (green check mark); select the face of the parent solid; click on OK (green circle) and then I get the error message.

2. Parasolid® Kernal Interface Error: PK Error Code: 22 - tag is invalid or dead. -- I got this message when I created a new circle to see if it was just something with the existing geometry.

I don't see anything wrong with what I've done, but then that's why I need your help!

The file is posted on Cadcam's FTP site in the Solids folder (norberts-solids-error.mcx).

Thanks,

Norbert

I use the "both directions" button when extruding holes. This way the hole does not need to be exactly on the face of the existing solid. It is a habit from the old days when solids did not like matching facets (the face of the hole and face of the solid in the same plane). Positioning the circle at the bottom of the hole and extruding through all is another good option that Jim has already mentioned