Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problem bringing in stl file for stock

chopsley

I'm using x3 mu1. I constructed a wireframe part to machine. The thing has some steps and an angled surface. Now I'm assuming the angled surface and the steps are already on the part. All I'm going to do is mill a slot, do some engraving on the top and drill and tap some holes on the angled surface for which I will have to create a named view. No problem. Since I will not be milling the steps or the angled surface I did not want to use a bounding box for stock. I took the time to create a solid model of the stock in another .mcx file and saved it as a .stl file. Now it gets interesting. I bring the stl file in and click on "visible". Every thing looks just right. BUT, when I go to verify the first toolpath (which happens to be milling the slot). Some soild from I don't know where shows up on the graphics screen so the verify looks of course all screwed up. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on here?

I'm just chasing my tail on this one.

headscratch.gif

chopsley

You do not need to save a solid as an stl file to use it for stock in verify. You can verify right off of the solid you created. Go into your verify settings and for stock type select solid. Then click the white arrow to the right and you will be able to go back into the graphics area and select the solid you want to use for verify by clicking on it.