Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turnaround jobs in lathe

How do you do your turnaround jobs. Here they are programed so that the z dimensions on the first side are all plus .09. We cut our stock 3/16 over. This way when the operator turns it around, the face of the second side is zero. We have all okumas so there is no G54 and G55. I have been just doing a transform toolpaths out .09 but it won't seem to work for caxis toolpaths. I tried translating my piece out .09 but for operations like face and others it seems to be a little tricky so for ease of use I am trying to find a better solution.

We do the same thing on our Okumas, except parts are cut .1" long and we leave .05 for the other side to face.

I usually draw the profile of the part with the start on the orgin, then after I get it drew i translate it forward .05" in Z, then I go to program the first side. Then I use the lathe stop flip, under Geometry in lathe stock flip hit the select button and window around all your geometry, then I uncheck the "blank orginal geometry". Now under Stock position under Original position hit select, then click on the left end of the part. On level options I use the offset by "10", so this usually put the geometry on level 11. Click The green check then make level 11 the main and turn level 1 off. Now program the second OP. This work for me, but I am not sure that it is the best way to do it.