Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

merging toolpaths

AH1MECH

Several ways this can be done.

1. Use different work offsets for each part and lay out plate accordingly.

2. Merge all of your parts into one file and lay them out on the plate. Then program your parts. I would still use different work offsets as you probably will never do these in the same sequence again.

This can be done out of mastercam ( see what your machine provides you with schedule program)

For example u have Prog A, B, C, D from any file, as far as they have correct offsets to go to. Just writing a little schedule prog will call prog A, B, C and then D in the order u want.

Its not sub prog.

It has its use ( for eg I have 4 jobs , running overnight-unattended. I have 4 seperate progs. I write a little schedule prog to call each 1, one after another and it does the job all night.

In my case I dont merge MC files cos they are totaly different jobs.

2cents