Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Thread Tool

M_CODE1

I don't know of one.

I have tried to create a custom tool but, when I pick on the tool center, the Z dim always resets to zero after I select it.

Now, I just give the operator a sketch of the tool with a ref dim to the center if the V to the closest edge.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

quote:

I guess there is no easy fix like i thouhgt there should be.

How hard is it to save the tool in the library as geometry to a level or file, slide it forward 1/2 the width of the "V", redefine it as a custom tool and save it to the library for future use?

Really, you probably spent more time on the reply that it would have taken to actually do it.

I am NOT trying to be a hardcase but it can be done in about 30-40 seconds and then never again.