Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Gurus Couple Questions?

crazy^millman

Has anyone ever setup a post for 5 axis cutter comp. Not 5 axis tip comp, but 5 axis wear or control comp. This is for a 31I control and thinking it will be a special code for doing this. I am thinking I will have to write logic to support the cutter comp. Now the big question is it accessible in the pst or is it locked up in the psb??

How does the look ahead handle this on the machine? Do I need to disable this when it is posted or does it handle it fine? I am thinking it should with no problem. 3d mapping is my next question what is the best way to handle this on the control? I am thinking it should be pretty easy since all the logic is already built into the 5 axis post, just a matter of getting all the setting correct. Again anything you can think to share I would appreciate it.

I am getting in touch with application for the machine tool builder, but was hoping someone might be able to answer some questions for me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ok no one else chimed here. So a couple questions that maybe someone can help me with. There is the op_cc variable in the McamX3_Post _Parameter_Ref that refers to 15346 that if it returns a value of 0=Computer, 1=Control, 2=wear, 3=reverse wear, 4=off and then 15347 returns 0=Left, 1=Right. Ok so I got the 5 axis comp to work in different planes when not using the Axis sub substitution. I understand I can use a mi or mr to force out comp ,but come on there has to be some way I can access the flags from the mp or nci to have them work like they are suppose to on 5 axis machines. More and More machines have the options standard and again CNC is falling short to address where the industry is going with regards to provides generic posts that do what a majority of the industry is moving to.

Oh and here is what I did with regards to making this work in 5 axis planes with 3d toolpaths.

code:

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Cutter compensation G code selection

sg40 G40 #Cancel cutter compensation

sg41 G41 #Cutter compensation left

sg42 G42 #Cutter compensation right

sg41_5 G41.2 #Cutter compensation left

sg42_5 G42.2 #Cutter compensation right

sccomp #Target for string

fstrsel sg40 cc_out sccomp 5 -1

p_goto_strt_tl #Make the tool start up at toolchange

pfd_shft_inc

psign_ang_out

##### Custom changes allowed below #####

sav_p_out = p_out #RDB Added for 5 Axis Comp

sav_s_out = s_out #RDB Added for 5 Axis Comp

pccdia #Cutter Compensation

#Force Dxx#

sav_cc_pos = cc_pos$

if cc_pos$ & pln_2_rev, cc_out = abs(cc_pos$ - five)

else, cc_out = cc_pos$

if prv_cc_out <> cc_out & cc_out, result = force(tloffno$,tloffno$)

if prv_p_out | prv_s_out > 0 & opcode$ < 16, cc_out = cc_out + 2 #RDB Added for 5 Axis Cutter Comp.

sccomp

if cc_out, tloffno$

cc_pos$ = sav_cc_pos

!cc_pos$ # 01/26/04

Those 3 posts mods will give 5 axis cutter comp on 3+2 moves. I will for now to get this machine up and running use mi1 but when I find the right way I will post up those results as well.

Enjoy and hope it helps others.

Ok Dug into this a little deeper and as always our good friends at IN-HOUSE have the solution worked out in MPMASTER. I will have to take some of the logic from there and embed it into the generic 5 axis post but here is the line inside of the pparameter$ # Run parameter table:

code:

if prmcode$ = 15346, comp_type = rpar(sparameter$,1)  

Also do not forget to pull the variable definition out of the post as well.

code:

comp_type   : 0     #Cutter compensation type - 0=computer, 1=control, 2=wear, 3=reverse wear, 4=off  

Make sure to put them in their correct places.

I think from here and some of the logic I got in my last posting I am close to getting something that will work. Now all we have to hope for is the flags are there for 5 axis toolpaths. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif