Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks part into Master-cam

ramyn

I am a New Mastercam user and would like to learn Mastercam. I have 5 years in Solidworks and just loaded Mastercam today. If anyone is around today I would love to get started. Here is what I would love to know. I have many Solidworks parts and would like to import them in to Mastercam directly. When the program was shown to me the user was able to do this. I can't seem to find it as an option. Is this something I have to turn on like a solidworks add-in??

Thanks for the help

Although parasolids are the prefered method; please consider an SAT import as well.

Avoid IGES at any cost.

DWG doesn't work worth a **** - stay away from this. - you have been warned.

The problem with all converters is the frequency of updates and new version releases.

Everybody needs to learn about tranlations, and yet nobody can profess total competance and gratitude since Asis & Parasolids go through so many enhancments & revisons.

Tough this out - You will gain confidence as you learn about each translation method.

At one time I did extensive work in this area, only to document and forward the inherant bugs of each new Mastercam release and the work arounds I needed to document. The problem is that I have done a lot of work in the past and was beaten to the punch by others that realised the same.

I won't Beta test anymore - bet hey, it's a good thing.

Regards, Jack

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

DWG doesn't work worth a **** - stay away from this. - you have been warned.

In V9 the DWG Converter works quite nicely. I've used it often and have had quite good success with it. The only "problem" is that our company logo in the corner of the title block is not quite right. I think it's a custom font, other than that all the lines, arcs, polylines, solids, notes, dimensions, etc... come in nicely.

JM2C