Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC, CD From X2 to X3 ??

bigjohn

We have MCX2 and MCX3 on different computers. I prefer X2 to work with postprocessors.

I need to import MC, CD and post from X2 to X3. I know the post will work fine in X3, but, can I just cut and paste the MD and CD files into the "Cnc Machines" folder in X3 from an USB drive? Will it work?

The post updater Chook will not generate CD and MD files when updating from X2 to X3.

I tried the MCX3 Mplmaster MD and CD but It changed nc output in all operations.

Thank you for any replies.

John

==============

From the post quoted:

quote:

It's not an issue it is a change.

In X3 MU1, update on the fly is no longer available.

Copy your control def and post to their proper directories, then use import directory to import the machine defs.

They can not be in the same directory that is being updated.

If I understood correctly. Have I to load the MCX2 files into a folder (not an MC folder) in the computer with MCX3 and then use Import folder function to load the files into the CNC Machines folder? If so can I import files from the USB drive.

Thank you John Paris. I appreciate your reply.

John

===============

John,

You should copy the control def and posts to their proper X3 directories, you can then have a folder containing only the machine def. You can then, using File Import, update those for X3 MU1

If you're doing this in X3 "non MU1" you can simply copy & paste into X3 and open them up, they will update on the fly. MU1 changes that ability.

As far as the USB drive. I don't like copying and opening anything straight from a USB drive I always copy locally and work that way.