Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trying to set MMD and Post on the server.

SLJ

Got a problem here. MX3, Mu1, mill.

We have two seats, and they want me to set the machine def and post files on the server so we're both using the same files. I've managed to get one of the computers looking at the server for those two files, but can't get it to look for the tool librarys there. It keeps going back to the local hard drive no matter how many times I redirect in config settings. Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong and can give me the steps to correct this?

I've about worn those buttons out setting that way, still doesn't stick. If I move to a different part on a different machine, then come back it's looking back to the hard drive for the tool library. Not sure why it won't stick?

You have to set the library in the machine definition. That is where it pulls it from when a new file is created, or you load a new copy of your machine definition.

Go into the MD manager, open your server copy of the machine. Go into "General Settings" (I think), it is up on the ribbon bar at the top. Here you can set your coolant options and tool libraries (along with rapid and feedrate limits).

HTH,