Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Models

We make some parts for Gulfstream.Through a first tier supplier.I programmed these parts about a year and a half ago from .stp models that they generated for us from Catia.We were awarded about half of the initial super hot prototypes that we made.About ten part numbers. We have made these parts three or four times in the time since.I was told today that Every time one of these jobs comes through I need to go and get the most current model and use that.

What is the easy way to do this?

How can I compare the model I used to program it with first with what is currently available from GS?

This is why I do not drive solids.

In aerospace one rev change may not match the next rev change in the way they were exported, the way they were modeled in the native system, etc.

Merge the new solid into your file and overlay it. If you leave the part in aircraft coordinates initially this becomes alot easier. I change the color of the old one and compare. Usually it is easier to see differences in wireframe for me.

In my experience I prefer to create drive surfaces/wireframe so that when I merge a new model revision in, I can quickly create/modify the geometry, modify the toolpaths, and move on.

HTH