Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX3 adding toolpath groups?

mcpgmr

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

How it behaves depends on if you have existing operations or not. But yes. I usually add groups then move them where I need them. A two step process instead of one. banghead.gif

Definiatly strange what's going on. I always insert ops where I want to or move ops around and never get a new tool path group added automatically. Every once in a while this will happen and the only thing that stops it is Ram Saver or shutting down MC and re starting. Even that doesn't always fix it. This morning I purged the PC of all the temp files and junk that was clogging up my hard drive. So far I have not had any more issues. Fingers crossed. smile.gif

I have had this happen too. It has to do with where you have the "Insert Arrow" (the red arrow in the ops manager). If you have it positioned above all other Tool Groups and below the current Machine Group it will create a new Tool Group the next time you try to create a toolpath. If you position the Arrow below a tool group you won't have that problem.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Slightly on topic, When I add a new machine group

I cant see my tools from the first group?

No. I believe this is by design. If you want another group and still want access to your tools, create a new toolpath group not a new machine group.

If you HAFTA, HAFTA, HAFTA create a new Machien Group, in the Tool Manager, select all your tools in the first group, and then right click and copy, then go to your next machine group, right click and paste. Make sure youo don;t have sequential tools selected in your settings.

HTH

quote:

When I add a new machine group

I cant see my tools from the first group?

Yep, I understand they have to be re-loaded into the new machine group

BUT, why does Mcam tell me that, that tool exists when creating a new tool ( re-using a tool number ) in the new machine group ( it is empty ), that tool existed on a different machine.

quote:

I have had this happen too. It has to do with where you have the "Insert Arrow" (the red arrow in the ops manager).

Doesn't matter where I put the insert arrow. MC still puts the new toolpath at the end of the list with a new tool path group. I then have to drag the new toolpath to where I want and then delete the new unwanted red headed step child of a tool path group that I didn't ask for in the first place. banghead.gif