Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco for V9 bu not for X3 why?

Bowfisherman

You most certainly do have it.

Go settings >> configuragtion >> Start/Exit branch and where it says editor, hit the drop down and change it to Cimco

BTW Cimco IS 3rd party and was NOT available from X thru X2 MR1 an an OEM installation but was brought back in X2 MR2

For some reason the Cimco that comes with X3 is not the same and I can't go back to the old one. There are a lot of quarks that I don't like about it.

Couple for instances:

If you open a NC file and want to receive the program from the machine( say some feed rates got changed at the machine and you want to save them or something like that). In the old Cimco you would select Transmission -> Receive into current window. When you do that now, it receives the program, but when you actually look at the program, its not updated. It just looses the program you received.

Also, if you edit something and send it to the machine, it doesn't automatically save it. You have to manually save it now.

Just out of curosrity, can you replace the new Cimco with the old one?

I don't know that this would work, so backup first, but if you have the old version of X, and the new X3, the cimco editors should be located in c:mcamxcommoneditorscimco

Try to copy the contents of the cimco folder from old to new? Again, I don't know if this will break anything so try at your own risk smile.gif

As an aside, if you ever want windows to open an NC or whatever file with the editors, double click on the file, and when it pops up with the "Open with" dialog, hit "Browse" and browse to the path above and choose your editor. Hit "OK" then "always open this file type with this program."