Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Upgrading from 9.1SP2 to X

dott

I don't know whether we'll be getting X3 or X4 but I'm kinda nervous about it. What kind of questions should I ask our reseller prior to releasing the PO?

I have a 1 day Transition class included for both programmers.

I have asked about compatibility of our graphics cards.

I have asked about updating our current post.

Are there any hot topics or "I wish I had made this clear before the purchase" issues I should address.

I really hate to upgrade when we have a pretty good system, but I know it's inevitable.

dott,

You are making the right choice. There is a learning curve but the transition is fairly easy. If you have paid for any high end 5-axis posts I would ask what it would cost to update them. Other than that that you should be good to go. I would definately go with X4 if it is an option. I just switched from X2 to X4 and I really like X4.

Go with X4 you won't regret it.

When X5 comes out V9 will be gone, dead, and buried with no more support.

X4 has some great stuff in it. You also have one of the best resellers there in Texas I'm sure they will get you on the right track.

You can still keep V9 side by side with X4 as a security blanket, But once you get fluent with X4, you will bury V9 faster than CNC will!! That's for sure.

Good luck