Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Installing Mastercam without any problems

FP1

Just installed X4 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 without any problems. The general procedure below is how I have always installed Mastercam. I very rarely have any problems with the install. The only time I see problems is if I try to migrate settings, or if I forget to give users full priveleges to the mcamx folder when networked.

1. Did a windows update, got all the latest downloads (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 in this case), then re-booted the computer. (Usually do a cc cleaner and defrag too, but didn't this time)

2. Downloaded the Mastercam X4-web.exe file from www.mastercam.com and saved it to the desktop

3. Disabled Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

4. Right clicked on Mastercam X4-web.exe file that was previouly downloaded to the desktop

5. Left clicked on "run as administrator"

6. Chose "yes" to allow program from unkown publisher to make changes to computer

7. Chose "OK" to English Language

8. Popup window says Mastercam is preparing the Install Scheild Wizard, please wait

9. After a few moments, the install sheild icon appears on the windows task bar. Waited untill it turned orange, and then clicked on it.

10. The X4 Install screen now appeared, clicked on "next"

11. Chose "Yes" to accept the license agreement

12. Entered user name and company name, and allowed all users to use this program, clicked next

13. Chose "leave previous version" and clicked next (it also had the choice to replace previous version)

14. The window now showed Mastercam will install to C:McamX4 - clicked next

15. Choose Hasp or Nethasp, and inch or metric, clicked next

16. Clicked "Install" to start the installation

17. Would you like to migrate? - Chose "No"

18. Target file (Aladdan???) is newer than source, do you want to replace it? Chose "no to all"

19. Chose "Finish"

20. Enabled Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and it put Mastercam into the "low risk" group

21. Plugged in the hasp

22. Clicked the Mastercam X4 startup icon, and started programming with no alarms, warnings, or video problems.