Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Circle Mill w/ a Solid

Brian B 74

Creating a simple part with a solid model (round part with a few drilled and c'bored holes). I am using the edges of the solid as my geometry for the toolpaths.

I am selecting the bottom edge of c'bore for my geometry. I selected the Helix Bore toolpath and used incremental "0" for my depth. No Problems!

I went back in to change the toolpath type to a circle mill program. I get the following:

1. It asks me if I want to update my tool definition (I didn't change anything with my tool - I only changed from Helix Bore to Circle Mill). headscratch.gif

2. When I go to regenerate I get the "Error Regenerating Operation" message. curse.gif

The only way I can get the program to regenerate is by reselecting my edges (which I think defeats the purpose of this new feature). banghead.gif

quote:

Using the point method you physically have to go back in and change the diameter of the hole.

True but MC help specifically states;

Choose Toolpaths, Circle paths, Circmill toolpath from the main menu to begin creating a circle mill toolpath. You will then see the Drill Point Selection dialog box where you can select one or more hole locations for the toolpath.

well all I can tell you scrap some parts and see if you want to keep using the solid method. When you do not use point and tell it to leave stock it does not work. So it will cut the parts to the size of the solid not what the operations is telling it. You want to double check it. Post code then change the amount of material to leave watch the code not change then you will see what I am talking about.

Oh and I do not want hear a thing about how come it was never reported in Beta this has been reported for years.

HTH