Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mold Plus = Hot

Charles Davis

I was at a shop yesterday and the guy had a complex mold that took him 3 days to create the runoff surfaces.

We used the Mold Plus (which is an add on to Mastercam, see www.moldplus.com) to process the mold.

We did a cavity-core separation, and then used the Automatic parting surface function. The whole process took, and I'm not exaggerating, less than one minute! And, the parting surface were perfect.

We processed two other molds right there. With one we had to use the Mold Edge method, which requires some user interaction.

Even with that, we did the other two parts in less than 15 minutes; saving the customer, by his estimation, almost two weeks work.

This is such an incredible time saving tool, I'd urge any of you who are doing cavity-core seperations, runoff surfaces, or creating electrodes, to check this product out. It can save you a lot of $$ and dramatically reduce the tedium of preparing a mold.

Hey Charles,

I have downloaded Rhino. The eval anyway. So far it looks pretty cool. At this point though, Mastercam has been able to handle everything I have needed. It was kind of hard at first because the surfaces get pretty complex, but once I figured out the approach, I can really fly modeling a neck now.

See ya,