Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing plane t-plane c-plane

j.nguyen

After changing my construction plane all my operations are dirty. This is an intermittent problem that happend 1/2 dozen times in the last few weeks. Is this a known problem in X4? Is there something I am doing wrong to create this issue? I close down and restart and everything is good. I seached for a topic simular but didn't find one...

I should have specified that when in the view manager I press the = to set my WCS T-plane and C-plane to the same origin. This works most of the time but the other 10 percent of the time my operations turn dirty? I just assumed it was a bug but would like to know if anyone else has the same issue or if there is a sequence of events to make this happen? I end up losing some work every time this happens....

Thank You,

Jamey

Are you attempting to create new T and C planes?

If you enter a new view and mess with the settings in the view manager, you can end up altering the existing planes that your toolpaths are associated with.

If you want all planes to have the same origin, just use "Planes" at the bottom of the screen and select "Rotate Planes".

This will rotate the default plane, Top, however you want, but still keep the origin at the original "zero" location.

Keeping WCS, C-Planes, and T-Planes straight can be confusing, at times. Especially if you are trying to create a plane that already matches an existing plane.

My suggestion is check all available planes first. If you need to create one, be careful. I normally don't mess with them within the view manager unless absolutely necessary.

The view manager is quite handy if you need to cycle through your current planes to see how they are oriented and where they are located.

Only thing I don't like is you cannot zoom, pan, or rotate your view while in the view manager.

Hope this helps!

R&DCNC-

Thanks for your two cents. For some reason I haven't haven't had the same issue in the last couple of days.I am wondering if it my internet connection. I use a PC card to connect to my VPN and the area I "was" in would dissconnect me from my NET hasp. It usally just says it disconnected, then give me an opportunity to save and that's it. I did have my opps turn dirty when this happenend yesterday.I really like this since the "other" software ( W/ sever Lisence that does not allow me to save.