Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Default post processor setting on v8.1

Thad

Every time I open a file, MC defaults back to my default post processor. I have 2 posts for the 2 different machines. In Screen/Configure, I have unchecked "Reset post to default on File/Get" but it still does it anyway. Is there another setting somewhere that I should be using?

Thad

quote:

Goto Screen, configure, NC Settings tab, uncheck "Reset post on file get"

That's what I meant by "Screen/Configure." I just didn't feel like typing out the whole path.

Also, I have "Send errors to file" set as the default when importing IGES files, but it still defaults to "Send errors to screen." After I change it, it stays as long as MC is open. If I close and re-open MC, it's back to Screen. What's up with that?

Thad

thad,

The "Reset post to default in file/get" checkbox option sets this line in the MILL8.CFG file ->

944. Always use default post processor? n

Double check it by looking directly at the MILL8.CFG file.

NOTE: If you ever directly edit a .CFG file (not recommended), Make SURE you have a backup copy BEFORE changing anything!

Now check for a these lines in each of your two post (PST) files ->

(Same note as above, have backups of these files BEFORE editing!)

76. Name of associated CFG file?

400. Name of associated CFG file?

Make sure that there is NOTHING after the '?' mark in these lines.

If there is something after the '?', just make note of it for possible future reference.