Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Get named levels

MattW

I can't seem to get named levels anymore.

I used to be able to get a BOM out of solidworks, save as a .csv, and do the 'get named levels' right click in the level manager and the level names would match the .csv. This no longer works for me. Anyone with an idea on what I started doing wrong? I think this maybe started when I installed X3 (still there), but I am not sure.

Here is the .csv, opened in Notepad. I have been using excel for editing. I have tried putting the level names in different rows, to no effect.

1,MiniMill Foundation

2,vise 1

3,vise 2

4,vise 3

5,vise 4

6,C Cap-1

7,C Cap-2

8,C Cap-3

9,C Cap-4

10,C Cap-5

11,C Cap-6

12,C Cap-7

13,C Cap-8

14,M Cap-1

15,M Cap-2

16,M Cap-3

17,M Cap-4

18,M Cap-5

19,M Cap-6

20,M Cap-7

21,M Cap-8

22,well block op1

23,well block short op1

24,stock op1

25,well block op2

26,well block short op2

27,stock op2

? Anything jump out?

at SCC1- MC and SW on the same computer. XP64, if that matters.

That should read "level names in different columns". There isn't that much to do to a .csv that I know of.

I work at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, like in the siggy.

Hopefully, jumping up to X4 will fix this. I just need to get my dance card cleared.

On a tangent, I found that you can window select stuff, do "analyze entities", and it will highlight an individual entity and tell you what level it is on, along with a button that will allow you to name (or rename) the level, or change the color, etc. The dialog includes buttons to scroll through the selected items. Hopefully, I am not the last to learn this.

Matt,

I copied your list of levels (1-27) from your earlier posting, pasted them into Notepad and then saved them as L.CSV].

I then opened Mastercam Level Manager (clicked on 'Level' in the StatusBar), opened the right-click menu and using 'Get named Levels', selected the L.CSV and all of the named level info appeared instantly.

*This was done using X3-MU1