Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Aggregate Help

RACINGCONVERTERS

To start I am new to 5 axis and to 90 degree heads. I did a search on aggregate heads and found very useful information from other posts and the ftp site.

I followed the direction from the folder on the ftp site and created an aggregate 90 degree head.

The machine this is going on is a SNK verticle 5-axis with +/-25 deg. on the a and b. The hole I am machining is at 99.8 deg, this is why I need the 90 deg. head. Also on this machine we do not run any tool lenth offsets. With the post I have the pivot distance and tool length have to be added together and put in when prompted.

With all that said I made a contour with the 90 deg. head at 9.8 deg and it looked right. I posted; when promted I put in pivot distance of the machine and length to centerline of the cutter, and the results added that value to the x axis.

If I am understanding this correctly now I have two pivot distances and gage lengths that have to be controlled. How and where do I do this at within mastercam?

Thank You in advance any help is greatly appreciated

The normal pivot distance would be the the machine's pivot point to the centerline

of the right angle head..

This would be entered the way you'd normally

do it for any regular tool.

(This assumes your post is set up for gage length programming ie.. pivot point to tool tip

noramally input as the OAL on the tool's parameters page)

The second distance would be from the

c/l of te spindle to the tip of the tool in the RA head.. This is normally entered in the agregate head defintion on the tool page ( I think)