Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bad Stl files with X4 (or any X) one more time...

?Mark

$%#@$&

What a day. curse.gif

Just spent 8 of a 10 hr workday %@%$#g with a different settings and healing stl's countless times only to see mc die in front of me sometimes without any message straight to a desktop...

Almost all I've been working on lately have been thin walled tubes that have several 4th axis operations on them with very complicated fixturing. There is no straight feature on those parts and wall thicknesses are .052 at the most. Using saved stl file as stock is absolutely CRITICAL for me.

The problem begins when working with larger files. Saving a verified part as an stl file to be used as stock in the next op is then IMNSHO officially USELESS mad.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Don't want to post this in a beta forum as this is an ongoing issue now for the last several releases.

What say you?

Thank you.