Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File Merge/Pattern, MCX4

Trevor Rogers

I'm just now starting to jump into X4... one of the first things I've noticed is that when doing a "File Merge/Pattern", which is something I use a lot, when I click "ok" to accept the incoming file the color changes to something I don't want... Is there something in my config file to change to accept the attributes as they come in?...Is there some other means of maintaining the attributes? Or is this just another of the glitches that seems to pop up in new versions of Mastercam? confused.gif

In addition to my questions above, I found that I can choose to use "New Attributes" and change the color but as soon as I click "ok" it still changes back to a color I don't want (red)... "clear colors" doesn't work... I've even tried to just change the colors back to the way they are supposed to come in and X4 won't even do that, it still stays red... anyone got any ideas? banghead.gif

I checked my config settings and set them exactly the same as the settings I was using for X2 and I still find that when I merge the new file it will change to whatever color is currently set for geometry. I can then change the colors, unlike before, but when using X2 the file would merge without changing the colors...Having the colors set "as is" is important as each color represents a certain feature... Not to mention the extra time it takes to change them back. Ocean Lacky, you had mentioned "disabling" this in the config file, but I don't see a way to do this... any more ideas? headscratch.gif

I think I may have answered my last question... I ended up shutting down and re-starting MCX4 and then merging a file worked the way I wanted it to... seems that sometimes when changing something in the config file it is necesary to close Mastercam and restart to take effect... I had not noticed that before... thanks for the help Ocean Lacky... owe you a beer sometime... cheers.gif