Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force Z clearance move

Thad

If I was milling multiple pockets in a single operation, and in between 2 of the pockets I needed a higher Z clearance move, but I didn't during the other pockets...is this something that I could change by editing the NCI file before posting? I've right clicked on the NCI icon in the Ops Manager and the Toolpath Editor came up, but I'm not exactly sure how to use it. Thank you for any input.

Thad

quote:

1. Choose Toolpaths, Operations or press [Alt+O] to open the Operations Manager.

2. Right-click on the NCI icon for an operation to open the Toolpath Editor.

3. Select a point in the toolpath that you want to change using the Cut, Pass, and Point fields. The selected point is highlighted in red.

4. Choose Edit. The Toolpath Editor menu displays and the tool move prior to the selected point is highlighted in magenta.

5. Choose Move Point. The Point Entry menu displays.

6. Use any point entry method to select a different position for the point. The toolpath redraws showing the moved point.

7. Choose OK to return to the Operations Manager.

Notes:

¨ Select a point to move by choosing Select in the Toolpath Editor and picking a point in the graphics window.

¨ Undo the last toolpath edit by choosing Undo before returning to the Operations Manager.

Make sure use BACKPLOT Step feature to find out it is the Z movement you want.

You may create two vertical lines, which are same high and same location with your new Z clearance, for helping MOVE POINT locates the new points.

Hope this will help