Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

angular info

PeterM

I am wondering how I can get angular information about planes. I have a fairly complex solid, mostly facets. This is for a horizontal with a Haas indexer using it's own controller, not true 5 axis, 3+2?. Getting a plane by selecting a solid face is a breeze. But so far, the only information that I can get Mastercam to give me about the work offset is a matrix, which I am unable to interpret into A and B coordinates banghead.gif . I can post the program and see where I am at after the fact,and then go back and comment in the information for the setup guy, but this is not at all linear. Does anyone out there know a function that will give me what I desire? BTW this is for a horizontal with a separate indexer

Analyze Dynamic will give you

some angular info on your

planes, but I'm not aware of

any way to get Mastercam to tell you what

your post is going to output.

That is a function of what your post

does to the MCI file.

I suspose a really clever guy could knock

out a chook that would do it.

Running a postprocessor is probably the easiest way of finding A and B angles. Drill a fake hole in each plane, and make a 5-axis drill toolpath. If you need more help, send me a part. We can work something out. Think of this kind of postprocessor as a cheap c-hook. Moreover, it's easier to collect the input data as a toolpath. You can do all the planes at once.