Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Some Xform, Map.dll or other idea

Leandro

I get from my customers Logos on a Straight Line and I need to put them on a curve like in the example.

logo.jpg

Usually I convert every part of the Logo in a Letter and use the Create Letter _ Top of Arc option.

This works fine but takes a lot of time.

Cann somebody imagine a way to do this in a quickier way ?

Thanks

Leandro,

I think you can do this if you create the original text geometry on a curved surface and then use Create/SurfaceCurve (over and over again!) to create surface curves and then use the Map C-hook to map these surface curves onto a 2nd (rectangular) surface. Then use the Cons2Spline C-Hook to convert the surface curves back to splines.

I put an MCX file up on the forum FTP site in "X4_FilesMAP For Leandro.zip". Note that I didn't really center the text very well on the original surface, so the result is skewed, but it's a start.

If the font you need to use is a Windows font or a true type font, then you can simply ues the Create Letters command and place it on the appropriate arc. If it is a Windows font and you don't have it, have your customer send you the font, or pick it up online somewhere.

Pete:

I thank you very much for your answer. in former times I test this procedure to Mapping. But actually takes a lot of time.

After that I put my Logo in position I need to engrave al this logo. I will try with the Wrapping option from the engraving tool path.

Thanks anyway

Toonz my letter are not True Type. There are actually logos like Pirelli or Good-year. Thanks anyway

Leandro

I can think of a different way but its not real quick. Create a point at the center of the circle, then create a point at the bottom middle of each letter. Analyze the distance between the points, divide it by the radius of the circle and take the arcsin to find the angle between letters.

Now move the first letter to the center of the circle, rotate it the angle you just found times half the number of letters in the logo. Then translate-polar the radius of the circle and the angle to put the letter on the circumference of the circle.

Repeat for the other letters.

Told you it was not real quick. Maybe someone could write a c-hook.

Forget the post mod, I think its too complicated...

I have two more ideas:

1 - use inkscape: Here is a video on how to use the bezier envelope routine to wrap text. I think you can use it to wrap any curve...

http://screencasters.heathenx.org/wp-conte...ideos/ep088.ogv

2 - dosen't this chook wrap text onto a tire mold?

http://www.camaix.intrameld.net/downloads/...tVX__X2_MR2.exe

This is easily done in Rhino3D

Example:

flow-along-curve.jpg

Use the command 'Transform-Flow along curve' select letters, enter, select orig backbone, select new backbone, - done.

For best results the new backbone should be the same length as the orig backbone.

HTH

Just tried it with inksape.

Works well but it does not deform the logo. It will not stretch the top, it will just place the sections of it on the curve.

How to:

1 - print a pdf. Install cutepdf if you don't have it.

2 - open pdf in inksape

3 - convert entities to paths

4 - group logo

5 - put path on lowest section

6 - run pattern along path command.