Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lead in / Lead out Ver. 8.0

jeepman

Sometimes the lead in or the lead out will not work. Regen and backplot does not show the straight line or the arc move, and it does not post either. We have tried making the moves larger, (up to 1 inch with a .250 cutter. We generally use cutter comp in the control and none in the computer. We are using Mill ver 8.0 with Win 98 and Win 95. I will try the ctour8.exe patch and maybe V8.1 will fix it. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Make sure you have Compensation in Computer

on the Contour parameter page enabled. The leadin/lead out page is greyed out if you don't. It sounds like you have some other problem because you can't access the lead in /out page without Comp in computer being

enabled.

It would be nice if you could add leadins/outs to uncomped tool paths but you can't. To do it you have to create additional

geometry which can be a pain.

I almost never use comp in the computer and almost always use comp in the control by itself. This allows us to change cutter diameter at will by changing the radius value in the control. The lead in/out moves do post properly most of the time. I have never experienced a grayed out lead in/out page with the comp in computer off and the comp it the control on. This has been the case in my experience in versions 3 through 8. I got the ctour8.exe patch but have not had the time to test if it fixed the problem.