Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

okuma p2000l (multus) delete files with .SDF?

xarvox

Im using SDF files to load a bunch of .min-files and the last operation is engraving serial number.

This works great, with one little exeption, human error..

i sometimes forget to post the serial min-file between pieces, making two pieces with the same serial.

So i wonder, is it possible to delete the engraving file after ive used it, so the machine stops with an error instead of engrave the wrong serial?

there is VERY limited documentation regarding the .sdf in the manuals, so i ask here since you guys managed to solve pretty much all my previous problems.. smile.gif

i know, this has nothing to do with mastercam..

a off topic question regarding mastercam tho..

i use a simple tool change program to check the tools for wear between runs (a few times a day).

The nc-file is simple, close door, load a tool, go to x60 z600 (clear of chuck, but low enough to easily check the tool), open door, then op stop (m01) and repeat with next tool.

But this i have to write manually for every tool in the project.

So i wonder, is it possible for mastercam to post only the tool changes and not the whole operations?

Would it be easier to have the serial file stay in MD1, then either make it a G code macro and pass the required info from a variable

or

Call the serial file and pull the info from a variable

For the tool issue, do you use/have tool life management on the machine? I am thinking that you could use the tool life management variables to automatically know which tools you need to call up, plus an additional variable for a loop counter. Then simply implement this into your tool change program.

What about ?

PSELECT serial.min

PSELECT warm.min

RENAME serial.min,done.min

END

or

N1 IF [ VC1 GE 1 ] N4

N2 PSELECT serial.min

N3 VSET VC1=1

N4 END

you have to set VC1 back to 0 manually before it can run ( if the IF statement won't work here, put it in the program itself to jump to the M30, this would be better than running a schedule program )

superman, will the rename command write over a pre-existing done.min, or will i have to manually delete it for the rename to work?

its definitely a solution for my problem, thank you so much!

by the way, where do you find more indepth descriptions for the sdf commands and functions?

kyle, i dont use the tool life management, since i regularely switch between different steel alloys, cast iron and so on.

I havent studied the function at all, witch is probably the real reason why its not used.. :/

Can you try this out?

VSET VC1=1 VC2=20

N1

PSELECT PART.MIN

IF[VC1 GT VC2]GOTO N2

PSELECT SERIAL.MIN

IF[VC1 NE VC2]GOTO N1

N2

END

PART.MIN

making a part here

M30

SERIAL.MIN

IF[VC1 EQ 1]GOTO N1

IF[VC1 EQ 2]GOTO N2

IF[VC1 EQ 3]GOTO N3

IF[VC1 EQ 4]GOTO N4

......for as many individual numbers you need

N1(SERIAL #1)

program here

GOTO NEND

N2(SERIAL #2)

program here

GOTO NEND

N3(SERIAL #3)

program here

GOTO NEND

N4(SERIAL #4)

program here

GOTO NEND

.....on and on....

NEND VC1=VC1+1

M30

Yeh, checked my books and the "Rename" is kaput, sorry, sounded good in principle

still IMO the User variables may be the best choice

IF statement at the beginning of the program and the count +1 at the end. Then if you run the program solo, you can only run it once, and if you run it in a schedule SDF, it also can only be run once. That is until you set the count back to zero