Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mpmaster, two control def, one post?

neurosis

I am in the middle of massaging a post to my liking. I have one post that I would like to use for several different machines.

I have two separate Machine def files set up for the specific machines due to some limitations of one machine from the other. Spindle speed, feed rates, etc.

The two Machine Def files call different Control definition files which I edited separately. When I started making more changes to my post today, i noticed that the control def seemed to have added a new section to the end of my post.

To make this quick, is it wise to use the same post for two separate control defs? Will this cause issues?

I am trying to limit the number of posts that I have to keep post editing down and organization simple.

That's what it's designed to do. Every time you create a new control definition with the same post, it will add a new post text section at the end for the new control def.

Only thing you need to remember is, when you create Control Def #2, the post text in the new section will be defaults, it won't automatically use the post text from the first control def -- you can right-click in the Text window and import the post text from the other control def section if you want.

Thanks Robert!

Thats great to hear. Having multiple posts to care for can be a bit of a pain, especially when I am trying to keep current with the advances that they are making with MPMaster post, Thanks inhouse solutions by the way.

Now if I can figure out how to create some logic that will post A axis rotations for our 4th axis or M-codes for the machines that just have an indexer inside of the same post I will be set.