Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain Controller / TNC 530

Hi guys

I'm on week two with these controllers and was wondering where?! is some sort of a

"Cycle interrupt" Like when a tool breaks..

I used to be able to hit Cycle interrupt and reset the tool and start the program back at any line in the program (Fanuc)

Or if I could interrupt the cut and send the tool Z home , then jog the table forward so I could see what's going on, then hit resume and have it go right back where it left off would also be great smile.gif

"Draw" or some sort of a graffic representaion

How do I Run the program and see it on the screen? The stock size is called out in the post / .H code already?

Last but not least on my Wish list is a M01.

Before I tap, I like to be there.

Is this possible with these controllers?

Thanks Guys

Newbie all over again frown.gif

I haven't run a Heidenhain in awhile but I remember there being a way to stop the machine in a cut, change a tool and then it seems like there was a restore machine position function. This was on a Deckel Maho but I think it would be on any TNC530. I think you just had to go up a few lines in the program from where you stopped.

I think there was a verify function that would show your stock. Are there any books that you can look stuff up?

Are you programming at the machine? Do you run any ISO programs?

Tony,

I have the Heidi MillPlus control, and mid-program start is fairly easy. If you break a tool, just cancel the program altogether and replace and reset the broken tool. Then you can do a mid-program start like this:

Auto> Search Block> (enter line number where you want to resume the program)> Machining> Start...

The control will then scroll to the line number you entered, load the appropriate tool, reposition the axes where it left off, then it will resume machining to the end of the program.

I'm not familiar with the TNC530, but I'm sure if the MillPlus has that feature, the TNC530 does too. wink.gif