Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jump over Clamps

KCollins

I'm running into an issue with a drilling tollpath where I have to jump over a few clamps...I'm using the geometry edit...edit jump to try and achieve this...The only problem is the toolpath wants to create a jump at say 3" before and after the point I pick...I don't need a before and after....the mastercam help file says to pick the point at the start of the jump and then choose no to applying subsequent planar points....tried this and I still get a jump before and after the point chosen...anyone else run into this same problem? It's not that large of an issue but I'd like to know if it's me or the program....

Hi,

I'm running MasterCam ver 8.1.1 and my results a similar to yours. (no jump for subsequent holes) my backplot looks fine.

backplot.jpg

however,,the posted code doesn't return to the original plane after only one jump. as seen below

Posted for Fadal.

---------

TA,1

%

N1O1234(PART)

N2G0G17G40G49G80G90H0E1Z0

N3T1M6( DIA. - .25)

N4G0G90S2500M3E1X1.Y-1.5

N5H1Z1.-------------------INITIAL CLEARANCE HEIGHT

N6G81G98Z-.125R0.1F22.

N7X2.

N8G80

N9Z2.5-------------------EDIT JUMP HEIGHT

N10X3.

N11G81G98Z-.125R0.1F22.

N11 -------------------SHOULD RETURN TO INITIAL CLEARANCE HEIGHT HERE!

N12X4.

N13X5.

N14G80

N15M5

N16M6

N17E0X0Y0

N18M30

%

%

-----------------------------------

looks like a post issue.

-KLG

I'm not able to get the jump only between two points. It seems to look at the before and after point. I've attached a small iso image of the tool path backplotted...the purple points denote clamp location... hence I'd like to get rid of the first and third jumps but I'm having no luck...(the toolpath starts in the upper right hand corner) I'm using V9 with SP1...I've also run into this issue on V9 prior to SP1...

I've posted the image on the ftp at:

jump.jpg