Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Get rid of the Apply Button

jbreth

What would it take to get ride of the apply button? headscratch.gif It might not be to bad if it worked properly ALL THE TIME! Example: If I change a value in my stock to leave section, The apply button is grayed out "sometimes" not allowing me to click the APPLY button until I click in another field. Then the Blue Apply button is active. banghead.gif Way to many extra mouse clicks.

My objection would be that right now some functions only work with the apply button. If the green button ended the operation with a result, then the apply button would not be needed. Specifically, try and create curve-->slice with a solid. Once everything is set, the only way to get a result is with apply.

My complaint about the Apply and OK buttons is that they don't respond to keyboard inputs ALT-A and ALT-O requiring them to be clicked on.

And FWIW, how about replacing the check and cross with real OK and Apply buttons. We (tinw) are professionals and can make do without all the cheesy cartoons thank you very much.

IMO if software is going be to written for Windows it ought to conform to Windows standards.

Having to click apply on every toolpath parameter page is a colossal waste of precious time. Somewhere in the last couple versions or updates entered params stopped "sticking" and reverted to their defaults if apply isn't clicked on each page.

I'd much rather not have use apply at all like it used to work, but could live much better with using key strokes instead of pointing an clicking all the time. banghead.gif