Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC in the USA

John_o

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I can't speak for all regions but here in SoCal, if you don't know Mastercam you are probably not going to get a programming job plain and simple. Sure there's a few pockets of shops here and there that are using somehting else but they are efw and far between. I'd guess that Mastercam's market penetration here is hovering around 75% if you were to include the pirate seats (not counting all the seats floating around on people's home computers).

p.s. john_o, it is considered to be yelling if you use CAPS on ther internet. See, here, we're deprived of seeing people's facial expressions, and other assorted body language to determine the author's intent and feelings, so if you could, please try to remember to turn the CAPS LOCK off. Thanks.

JM2C

[ 08-19-2002, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Thanks James,

Sorry about the yelling mate.

Sounds like MC does alright over there. I only know of two comps in Adelaide that run MC. The one Ive just left and the one I start at tommorow. V7 at the old and v9 at the new. Hope I can take a smooth step up!

Thanks again

[ 08-19-2002, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: John_o ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Can't say that I do unfortunately. I've got a link for you to check out though that should be able to point you in the right direction.

Mastercam Educational

You can drop them an e-mail and they should have a handle on where you can go for some training (aside from the obvious - your MC reseller).

Hope that helps,

Havent met the new reseller yet, but Im sure he can help me. What are Dekel vmc like? We used Hartford (rubbish) at my old work. We had a problem every morning with the g54 being out on the y axis but not on the x. 2hours later it would change again. Great for cavity work(not) Is this common with Asian vmc or is it just a common compensation prob?

Cheers in advance

[ 08-19-2002, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: John_o ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Thanks for your kind words,

You'll actually need to shoot them an e-mail re: international educational stuff. They only post about North America in there.

Never heard about Hartford. Dekel seems like good iron (from what I've seen - never run one myself), I just don't care for the controls all that much. I'm a Fanuc fan so that is my bias. wink.gif

Hope that helps,

quote:

0 - New Member

11 - Member

200 - [Custom Avatar privilege]

500 - Senior Member

Once you've reached 200 posts, you are entitled to a custom avatar. You can email me with a max 96 x 48 pixel image, along with SIM number and company name to verify that you are a licensed user.

John, you have 13 post in one day. US "sweating" guys will see the "96 x 48 pixel image" of the "sleeping beauty" form down under before X'mas time.

Next Spring, we will have an Australian Sernior Member.

Cool! cheers.gifbiggrin.gif

P.S. Do not send the picture of that ugly Steve Irwin (Crocidile Hunter). He is not "A LEDGEND IN THE US". biggrin.gif

John

We are running M/C 9 here M/cs include Dekels Mazaks Makinos to name a few. Dont now of classes down your way but seem very limited here.We are self taught for the most part and struggle thru OK.

Any problems drop me an e-mail and if I can help I will.

Cheers

Thanks Greg,

Sorry Dave, got a bit excited when I found this page yesterday. Im writing down the SimNo and my company name ready 4 xmas mate.Ill comb my hair and put on my best safari suit 4 the pixel.

Thanks to everyone thats helped so far.

Cheers in advance

G'day John_o mate. Moorabbin campus of Homesglen TAFE (previously of Chisolm TAFE, previously Moorabbin TAFE, etc.) has been running Mastercam classes for close to 10 years, but I guess you're not going to like driving 8 hours or so each way. This forum is the place to solve your problems. These guys are fantastic.

Hugh.

quote:

Sorry Dave, got a bit excited when I found this page yesterday.

John, don't be. I think you are doing great. webmaster said:

quote:

With no posts, there would be no forum.

Now, celebrity Jack is selling his meat over there and every body is waiting for his next move. It is so boring.

Well, talk to the Senior Member to-be for a change. Make sure when you do your "best safari suit 4 the pixel", keep your eyes open. cheers.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words Dave, Im getting the mothballs out of my suit and ringing the dry cleaner!!

Started my new job today.

Back to manual pro with Grundig Control on a Deckel. Havent done manual pro since trade school. Its coming back ok though. Boss says Ive got a few weeks on it then back to good old MC smile.gif

No worries, I said!!!

Hope nobody sweated to hard today.

Cheers

John

[ 08-21-2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: John_o ]