Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolop$ codes and pulling Operation types?

Ok Mpmaster does a god job of pulling Operation types out. So when you post a program you get the following:

code:

N1

(T20 | 1 IN 7 FLUTE SECO | EIA SUFFIX - .17 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - R)

(M.ROUGH.... | DIAMETER OFFSET - 20 | LENGTH OFFSET - 20)

(WCS NAME - TOP)

(CPLANE NAME - TOP)

(TOOLPATH GROUP - E1066100)

(COMPENSATION TYPE - COMPUTER)

(TOOLPATH - ROUGHPOCK)

(STOCK LEFT ON DRIVE SURFS = .02)

G20 G10.9 X0

G91 G30 P3 X0.

G30 P3 Z0.

T20.17 T21 M6

G91 G30 P3 X0. Z0.

G90

M200

M212

G94 G0 G54 C90.

M108

So I am getting Operation type if surface toolpath. Then I get amount of stock left. Now this is great on a Mill but on a Mill/Turn you get some very weird results. My turning operation are now called Milling operations. Now the post is binned so it might have something with it, but doubt it since I have added a ton of stuff and it is working.

Okay the problem at hand is I see with NCI line 1016 you get a toolop$ amount. So there are 1 to 440 that call out the toolop$. In-House uses stoper which goes back to if prmcode$ = 10000 So this would then be NCI 10000 information I think. I want to have Lathe and Mill Operation Type capability with the Integrex Post since it is a Mill/Turn. Mpmaster is limited to Mill and Mplmaster does not even do something like this.

Now If I do just lathe operation I get something related to lathe like so:

code:

(PROGRAM NAME - E1066100)

(CUSTOMER - BOEING)

(PART NUMBER - 17P1C2070-501 REV
B)

(MODEL # - 17P1C2070-501 REV B.CATPART)

(PROGRAMMER - RON
B)

(DATE - MAR-19-2010)

(TIME - 9:09 PM)

(PROGRAM REV - N/C)

(POST LICENSE - V&M PRECISION)

(T1 | OD ROUGH RIGHT - 80 DEG. | EIA SUFFIX - .17 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - R)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - DCGNR-164D| INSERT - CNMG-432)

(T2 | OD FINISH RIGHT - 35 DEG. | EIA SUFFIX - .06 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - F)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - MVJNR-164D| INSERT - VNMG-431)

(T3 | ID ROUGH MIN. 1.0 DIA. - 80 DEG. | EIA SUFFIX - .17 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - R)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - A12-CTLPR3| INSERT - CNMG-332)

(T4 | ID FINISH MIN. 1.0 DIA. - 55 DEG. | EIA SUFFIX - .06 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - F)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - A16-CTLPR3| INSERT - DNMP-331)

(T5 | ID GROOVE - MIN. 1.0 DIA. | EIA SUFFIX - .07 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - G)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - TOP NOTCH RH| INSERT - NG-226L)

(T6 | ID GROOVE - MIN. 1.0 DIA. | EIA SUFFIX - .07 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - G)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - TOP NOTCH LH| INSERT - NG-226L)

G20 G49 G69 G80 G40 G18 G90 G94

M205

N1

(T1 | OD ROUGH RIGHT - 80 DEG. | EIA SUFFIX - .17 | MAZATROL SUFFIX - R)

(LROUGH| HOLDER - DCGNR-164D| INSERT - CNMG-432)

(WCS NAME - TOP)

(CPLANE NAME - TOP)

(TOOLPATH GROUP - E1066100)

(COMPENSATION TYPE - COMPUTER)

G20 G10.9 X1

G91 G30 P3 X0.

G30 P3 Z0.

M202

T1.17 T2 M6

G91 G30 P3 X0. Z0.

You can see here I get LROUGH, but when done with milling and Turning operations then it keep milling names and does not update the operations names. Many things to consider here. There needs to be a zero reset value I am missing somewhere and problem solved? I need to develop a method that uses the NCI 1016 with toolop$ then build a string table from that? Or a completely different method I am not thinking about.

What are suggestion tips or ideas any of you might have for going about this task?

Okay so why do this? I am tired of making set-up sheets, tool list and putting pictures of tools on sheets and operators thinking they are smarter than the programmer. I am to the point I want to overload the code. Put so much in there that the operator can start spending hours figuring out what I am doing if a company wants to pay them to do that then it is out of my hands. They want to know what the operation does there you go knock yourself out. When I come up with something I feel works I will post up the results so if others want to follow this method and use it then you can.

Oh and while I am on this. I would love to pull amount of stock left from other operations like Contour, Facing, and then from turning operations as well. Any suggestions on that would be a help as well. I am working on pulling the mill holder and insert out for milling tools.

Okay found the switch for milling operation. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Now just have to figure out how to get this for lathe operations.

That wouldn't do me one bit of good cause I have 2 operators that CANT READ G-CODE!! How stupid is that??

I've told the bossman til I'm blue in the face and cant get him to realize they need to read code.

One of the guys is trying to learn, so every time I walk out in the shop I go to his machine (when the tools retracted of coarse) and hit feed hold and ask him "What's the machine gonna do next?" and I wont let him hit start until he tells me, or I teach him whats gonna happen.......kinda like a pop quiz. Its kinda crude but its teachin him.

A little more OT.

Keith, I know it can be frustrating and it lifts the weight off your shoulders when you know that the set up guy can read code and has your back when setting up a first run but keeping cost down is what helped to get that bada$$ computer on your desk. Some people have jobs, others have careers. IMO, MONEY is the usual motivational factor when learning to read code. If everybody knew how to read code, cost would go up (yes, tool breakage and scrap cost need to be factored in here) and the progression up the ladder would be that much more difficult for everyone. I've progressed in my career not because I'm a guru or exceptional at what I do, but because on average, the majority of the peeps around me don't get it and I'm better at staying out of trouble than most. I'll assist almost anybody that ask for help, and even push those that I think are capable of doing more. I guess the point here is that it is imperative to the continued success of most shops to find and keep good button pushers that remain at their machines and can check their work .

Personally, I get ants in my pants and can't stand sitting if front of a computer or a machine all day long. Thank goodness for one offs, variety and the employers that can tolerate me.

It seems the old buffer problem is at work in the tool list section. The buffer controls for that in my post are locked up so I can not add what is needed. Also this post is using 9 buffers so I think that is the limit so that is out. However it is working through out the post. Also I added pstock to my null lathe and mill toolchange and now have the information coming out at every operation change. I will work on the holder ID's and Insert ID's for mill holder Monday. Got other things more important today to work on.