Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M6500 Video Card Choice

CNCGUY

FYI

I got a New GTS 250 gforce in my box at home.

It replace my fx1500 and I got 10X the improvement

with MC. ($190)

Quadro cards, IMO, are overrated for what is out there that works excellent. Ever since the 'video'

verify issue with X4 patch came out you should not

need specific Cad/cam cards for MC.

BTW how big do your MC files get?

HTH

quote:

Quadro cards, IMO, are overrated for what is out there that works excellent. Ever since the 'video'

verify issue with X4 patch came out you should not

need specific Cad/cam cards for MC.

I COMPLETELY disagree with this.

You can get a GeForce card to work OK but at the end of the day the Quadro's are just flat out better for the CAD/CAM purpose.

There's a reason why Solidworks doesn't qualify a single Geforce card to run SW's

When using Mastercam X4, my Geforce 9800GTX+ card works just fine. I recently installed Solidworks and Mastercam for Solidworks. Now the Geforce 9800GTX is unusable in Mastercam for Solidworks. Backplot and Verify freeze up, the desktop shows through in various parts of the Solidworks interface, and the only way out of it is to restart Solidworks. Its a mess. I installed a Quadro FX 580 and now both softwares are working just fine.