Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

video card question

biss03

One simple way is the following:

1. Right-click on your Windows desktop (while your mouse is not over an icon) and select Properties from the context menu that appears to display the Display Properties dialog

2. In the Display Properties dialog, click on the Settings tab.

3. Your video card will be displayed in the area enclosed by the red circle below.

vcard.jpg

quote:

I never hear anybody comment on the card that is in my computer, a 3D labs Wildcat III 6110. How does it compare with the Quadro4 XGL performance wise? I know it's pricey...

Compared to a Quadro4 XGL, some of the Quadro4 XGL cards have a faster GPU than the 6110, but the other features are nearly identical. You should have no real reason to complain about the 6110 wink.gif

John o,

Avoid cards which do NOT have mature Open GL drivers. I'm not sure about that particular card but Trident has not been a good source for cards that Mastercam runs well with. If you are experiencing weird video issues, like menus don't disappear or the cursor color is the same as the Graphics Window, or Mcam closes when trying to Verify toolpath, try turning the performance (hardware acceleration) down until you start getting the desired result. Good Luck. HTH cheers.gif