Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

default settings

Thoob

I was just wondering where the setting would be for tool filtering. What I want is every time I do a toolpath and go to select a tool, the filter keeps going active. I want it to default off every time. Is that possible? Also one other thing is when I go to select a tool, it defaults to MILL_INCH tools. I want it to go to my custom one where I have most of my tools placed. Thanks.

Yes go into the default for that machine control definition and then turn it off in each operations or try the edit common parameters while in default. I use this method to have a control definition default to all coolant one for certain material and all coolant off for other materials. Saves a lot of time when switching back and forth between things in operations.

HTH

You need to create a control def for each machine. In that machine you need to change the control definition for that machine. Changing the default control definition is not a good idea IMHO. I would contact your dealer and see if they can be of help. If not let me know and I will be glad to do a go to meeting I use through my contract business and help you out.

HTH