Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis help

cormigu

cormigu,

By looking at your file you are going to need to create three tool planes. They will all be rotated about the X-axis. When doing four axis work on a vertical mill always set Y0 and Z0 at the center of rotation. X0 can be in a location of your choice. The way you have your origin set up looks good.

To create the planes set your WCS to top and your tool and construction planes to top. Then do the following:

1. Select planes on the bottom tool bar

2. Select rotate planes from the drop down list

3. Enter 7.5 in the about X field

4. Hit the green check

Now WCS should still be set to top but your T/C plane should be rotated about the x-axis by 7.5 degrees. If you select gview = cplane you should be looking right down the center of your first hole. Now you can create your drilling toolpath for that hole and it will be on the correct angle. For geometry select the center point of your arc. Be careful to set your clearance to a safe height. Set your top of stock at the top of your hole and use .1 incremental for your retract or the tool will want to plunge to .1 above the center of your fourth axis. Now repeat this process for your other holes rotating about X to the correct angles. I'm not sure how you came up with your hole axis center lines. I usually use the hole axis c-hook. My angle of 7.5 is only correct if your hole axis is correct. I would program this part for you and send you the toolpaths but I am working off of the home learning addition this weekend.