Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe associativity

Andy

Ok, I have a turning tool .031 Nose radius programmed. I change the nose to .015 and it does not change. I attempted to change it in three places. 1. ops menu 2. Job su tools 3. ops/parameters tool edit. No worky.

The only way I could change it was to pick a new tool (.015R) in ops/parameters/tool.

Is this correct?

Andy

Andy,

Try this:

From Operations manager go to tool editior.

Change the corner radius from the drop down bar on the insret geometry tab.

After doing that chick on the "draw tool" button. You will now see you tool drawn for you on the screen. There should be 2 or 3 red circles, Click on the analyze button and measure one of the red circles. it's radius should be the same as defined in insert geometry.

If that doesn't work we'll try something else.

Andy,

When you exit the tool editor after changing the nose radius, do you get a dialog box that says "Changing this tool wil update your operations and change speeds and feeds"? This should come up after changing any of the tool geometry. If not check your operation to see if it needs to be regened.

good luck,

paul

Roy,

Yes, I did get the regen message. And I regererated. But, I found the problem. I assumed the radius hadn't changed but it had.

So the associativity is working!

Here is why I (dumb) missed it.

I had named the tool "35deg turning .031R"

and, of course, changing the r to .015 DID NOT change the name of the tool. Duuuuuuh. So when I was in OP MGR it still said .031R as is should.

If I wasn't so old I would be embarrassed.

Thanks much,

Andy