Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

converting 3d spline to arc

Hi all,

I m tring to convert a 3d spline to arc with ver 9.1 and all i have is an error saying that 1 splines do not lie in the construction plane.

I tried changing planes with no help

I have ver. x but i m not using it cause i have no post an also i would need to have some formation but dont have the time now. may be i could do it with ver. x and save it in ver. 9.1 format.

Thanks for any help

conv2arcs will only work if the spline is circular in shape. If the spline is circular and straight (like a 'J'), you can split it into 2 or more pieces and then try conv2arcs again.

Sometimes you have to create-point-dynamic on the spline and use create-arc-3pts to get what you want.

Also, you may have to 'xform-squash' it to make sure it is all in one plane.

HTH

[ 05-06-2010, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: BernieT ]