Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Speeding up Mcam

Newbeeee™

Hi All,

One of the PC's was running slow at work yesterday, and the fan was whiring a little.

I pulled off the covers and airlined out the crud, and noticed that the processor fan was loose.

I dropped in a new fan today (as big as would fit) and Mcam now runs 3x faster than it was.

So over time, it had gotten slower and slower as the internal fans got blocked up, and I suppose the case must have taken a bit of a knock for the fan lugs to break.

So, just saying that in the workshop envirnoment that most of us probably work in, to do your PC's justice it may pay to spend $20 and 10 minutes of TLC!

Cheers

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ABout once a month, I crack open my laptop and blow things out. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

Good Tip newbee! cheers.gif That reminds me, it's getting to be about time for me to do said maintenance. Since I've been on the road a lot lately, I may just do it tonight in my hotel room.

Woohoo - Credit from James!!!

FWIW, the legacy ops open immediately whereas the new style are about a second now.

The new styles were about 4 seconds previously.

So anyone having problems (and there are quite a few threads here) perhaps should check their PC.

Cheers

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Even PC's that never smell the coolant in a shop gather a significant amount of dust and debris. After my dad passed away and we brought his PC to our home (he had it for about a year), it was just caked on inside the case. So we cleanerd her up real good like and she purrs like a kitten. biggrin.gif