Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need post for BP Discovery 308 Siemans

asap

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

V6.1

Hmmmmmm. You're going to have a tough time finding a post for that one. Have you tried contacting your reseller for an update AND an updated post?

Yes I am sure I can buy an upgrade but everything is working for a change, My Faro CMM, My Mazak mill, My CNC router, my Hit 18s lathe so I don't want to go through all the crap I went through on the last upgrade. I have a a post but I get a

Variable not defined: cant_no

Warning I thought instead of getting knee deep into another post that I would try post here first.

Thanks

ASAP

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The main thing with Older Posts is that as the years tick past they get harder and harder to come by.

I was fumbling around (literally) in V6.13a last night and I sure had a hard time remembering where stuff was at. I was playing with one of the sample files and I forgot how few surface routines there were then. Anyways back to the subject, posts have changed over the years thus making it more difficult to get one written without paying up the wazzoo. My Version 6.13a is dated 5/23/1997. 5 years 3 months to the day! Making it officially ancient. wink.gif

Is your reseller not willng to make a Version 6 post for you? I may be willing to take a crack at it - for money of course. biggrin.gif As a Capitalist Pig, I would not have it any other way. When I do posts, I would need 5 things - a GE3 File, an NCI file, a G & M Code list, The Posted Code and They Way it's supposed to look.

Let me know.

ASAP,

I thought there was a DX32 post on the Post Installtion for V6. You are asking me to go back a long time,but we did install numerous posts in V6 but they had .61P and .61T extensions. Find your disks and do a custom installaion selecting only posts and see if one doesn't get installed.

If this doesn't work, contact your local Mastercam reseller and ask them for some help. Yes, you'll probably get the update pitch, but they should be able to help you.

BTW, Toolpath associativity should be well worth the ehadache of upgrading.