Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renumbering tools in X4 MU3

I did a search for renumbering tools and noticed that everything was before X4 MU3.

Here is an issue that I have noticed with X4 MU3.

I am machining a part out of some wonderful 725 inconel just to give you guys a little insight on how great this job is already.

In mastercam I have over a 100 operations and multiple time I have to switch out the whole carosel of tools moving from one set-up to another.( I am using a VF-6SS with 25 tool carosel ) So when I do switch from set-up to set-up I just renumber the tools starting from tool 1 on up. Well, something that bite me was renumbering the tool by selecting all of the operations in that group and then and right clicking and renumbering tools. The setting on the renumber page are start with 1 in increments of 1 and add 0 value to the length and diameter.

When you go under the tool parameter page everything looks great and matches. When you go under the tool edit page the tool number look great and then here is the problem, when you look at the length and the diamter in that page it is differant ( usally the previous number the tool was ). When you post it out it picks up the number under the tool edit page.

So when I noticed that issue I went back into the edit page and changed it to the right number and then repost to see what it looked like and now with all of the numbers matching on both pages it still pick up the old number of the tool.

The only way I could get the change to happens was to change the number to the old tool number and the repost again and the go back into mastercam and change the number to the new tool number and then repost again.

So needless to say out of 40 operation I only had one operation do this and I did catch it before I went out to the machine. banghead.gifmad.gifcurse.giffirebounce.gif

Is the something I am doing wrong or is there some clitch with the software???? confused.gif

I am not the only programmer here and other have had the some issue and asked me about and up till yesterday I have not.

Renumbering only works for me when I pick each tool for pathing and have no two similar tools

in the list.

If you say make a path with a 1/8 ball and then import commonly used (1/8 ball) path, 'in order'.

you better hope all the rest of your cutters are

consecutively smaller.

I stopped using renumbering because of this one and the few other renumbering bug I read about.

It renumbers the two 1/8 ball cutters with a different #. thus it my next cutter was a 1/2" em

with destroyed the component I was working on. You don't see that in verify.

I cannot suggest much accept to avoid using it.

Rickster,

I have noticed that also . I have had the Dia. keep the old tool number as well. The only reason why I add this bit is because anybody that runs a Haas know that there is a setting in the settings page to turn on to make it have an H and T agreement. But it doesn't check Diameters.

The software is suppose to help in speeding up programming to actual cutting time. Not throw curve ball in when you least expect it.