Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazatrol to EIA/ISO on lathe

Larry1958

Recently our only mazatrol guro has left us and we are now trying to figure out how to go about programming our one and only Quick turn Lathe. This has a T+ control but we are thinking we want to go EIA/ISO with it so we are consistent with our processes. We need to purchase the option and currently reviewing weather to do this or not. The question I have is how to handle using the tool offsets. Right now when probing the tool all data is input in the tool data page. Will this change when we install the EIA option for the machine so this information will be input in the tool offset page, or do I need to change a parameter for this? I know that I will hear many of you just saying “just learn mazatrol" but we would like to have the flexibility of running 1000's of programs already programmed in MC across all of our machine tools. Thanks in advance.

Larry,

I was programming/running a Mazak 300S twin spindle lathe for my previous company. I used Mastercam to program the machine and Mazatrol too. The only thing i didnt learn to do in Mastercam is the part transfer. other than that it was like programming a regular machine. The tool offsets needed les information when using Mastercam. the Mazatrol needed alot more information as it pulls tool up on description only, Mastercam uses pocket numbers. So to use mastercam i put in the tool length in the tool page and was ready to go. When you get time do learn Mazatrol its different but a challenge and once you figure it out it is real simple.

We only have Matrix controls in here, so this may not pertain to you, but check your manual or call Mazak applications for some easy answers. With Matrix you have an option of using tool data or tool offset, and I belive you probably have the same option for your control. In our situation we use both within our EIA programs. Tool data for length and tool offset page for Ø (as silly as it may sound, we have reasons for this).

SP32-20100623-055128.jpg

SP32-20100623-055234.jpg